Note: Your user name is not your email address.
Your account is locked out! Please click
here to unlock your account.
Your account is not activated yet. Please check your email and click on the activation link that was sent to you when you registered to our site.
Did not received the activation email? Please click here to contact us.
Login failed, username or password is incorrect.
This application is intended to show an AirLink FX programmable modem, in conjunction with the Ethernet X-card, to operate as an internet gateway allowing a PC to be plugged into it through its Ethernet port and then surf the internet.
The Open AT code includes:
- A DHCP server to automatically allocate IP address to the computers connected on the LAN.
- A web server that prompts an HTTP page to configure the APN and related username and password.
When initially run the application does the following
1. Starts the Ethernet board up.
2. Creates a DHCP server on the Ethernet connection.
3. When an Ethernet client is connected it will detect this and allocate it an address from 192.168.1.2 (the FXT has the address of the default gateway 192.168.1.1).
4. The APN to be used can be configured through the web page hosted on the unit as shown below.
5. Once configured the unit will create a PDP context to the APN and act as a gateway for the connecting client.
Building the project
Please read the notes below about building the project
- The project needs to be built with the relevant Internet plugin for the OS being compiled for.
- When creating the project make sure the Ethernet dependency is selected.
- You may also choose to connect several laptops using an Ethernet switch; the current sample supports up to 8, which can be easily expanded by changing an option in WIP initialization. See chapter 7 in User Guide.
- Compatibility: Open AT Application Framework 2.37.4.
- The source file of focus is “wireless_router_dhcps.c”.
- Ethernet driver as supplied with Internet library.
In this video tutorial we discuss how to develop a wireless gateway optimized for M2M applications.