The Friendly Name for WAN Monitors can be changed via a configuration template.
The best practice is to create a separate configuration template that only contains the Friendly Name change for any Monitors.
1. To rename a rule, first create a template from scratch. See Creating a Configuration Template from Scratch
2. Select the building block, WAN Monitor Specification.
3. Use the + button on the ICMP ping monitors to add a Monitor entry
4. For each entry, enable the Rename this entry on gateway .
5. Enter the current Friendly Name that you wish to change.
6. Then enter the New Name .
7. Repeat from step 3 for each monitor that you wish to rename.
8. The template is now ready to be published and deployed.