Register and Activate Ready-to-Connect Gateways
The ALMS registration process adds your AirLink gateways to your account, allows you to select the rate plan you want on the Ready-to-Connect gateways, and enroll your devices in AirLink Complete. Sophisticated Workflows allow you to define and order the configuration of the gateway – set communication parameters; upgrade firmware; install a Template; or any other actions you want the gateway to take on its first connection. This process simplifies and streamlines the deployment process.
Single Pane of Glass Management of Gateways and Connectivity
Manage and monitor your Gateways and Connectivity
ALMS with Connectivity customers can monitor all aspects of their AirLink gateways over-the-air, managing both the devices and their connectivity from a single interface.
Configurable interactive dashboard
- The Start page Dashboard is where you can build the summary view of what is happening on your fleet. It is user configurable, so pick the widgets that are the most important for your use case and add them to the dashboard. This can include online status, alerts or cellular network related information.
- The widgets are interactive so by clicking on a pie chart segment you will be taken directly to the corresponding list of devices.
- Includes a map showing the location of devices reporting GPS or with manually configured location.
- Widgets can be configured to plot evolution of collected data, providing additional analytical capability for your fleet.
- Any numerical ALEOS data can be visualized for checking the fleet trend.
- e.g. See the mean, max and min values for the power input voltage of my fleet of AirLink gateways.
Monitor airtime usage of your fleet of Ready-to-Connect gateways
ALMS customers that manage Ready-to-Connect gateways have access to dashboard widgets that provides visibility into the airtime usage across all devices in the field.
This widget automatically tracks usage against your service plans indicating:
- Which eSIMs are operating within their monthly allotted bandwidth
- Which eSIMs are within 80% of the allotted monthly bandwidth
- Which eSIMs have exceeded the allotted monthly bandwidth
This widget is helpful in identifying:
- Applications that may be experiencing an unplanned usage surge
- Fraudulent usage of eSIMs
From each widget, you can select a sub-part of the fleet matching the criteria of choice. Clicking on the selection will drill down to the list of gateways matching the criteria.
Configure your Gateways over-the-air
Mass configuration change
Customize remotely any gateway parameters for any industrial, transportation, or enterprise application. For mass configuration, templates can be created or modified based on the configuration parameters of an existing device or from scratch.
- Configure security/networking settings for VPN tunneling, port forwarding, and routing
- Initiate GPS/Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) tracking protocols
- Configure I/O settings for communicating with attached assets including legacy industrial equipment
Track which template has been successfully applied to each gateway:
- A widget tracks the percentage (%) of gateways per applied configuration template
- The gateway list shows the last applied Template name to each. It can be used as a filter to display all systems with a given template.
Configure different value per device
Configuring your gateways, you may need to specify a different value for each device. This is the case for names, identifiers, passwords, or unique configuration parameter like static IP address.
ALMS provides a way to apply this mass configuration change. The individual settings are loaded from a file (.csv format). The gateways can be identified using one unique identifier among:
- Serial Number or IMEI
- ICCID/ESN or IMSI
- IP address
In addition to the configurable dashboard, you also can view the connectivity elements of your fleet of Ready-to-Connect gateways as a list in the Monitor activity. It provides access to all gateways along with their status, communications history, configuration and management. This page is also customizable to present the information that is most important to you.
The list shows for each gateway the main details and usage statistics:
- Amount of data consumed in the current billing period
- The rate plan that the eSIM is currently subscribed to
- The percentage of the rate plan consumed with a color-coded status.
This list view enables:
- Quick identification of the highest use gateways by sorting on the period usage column
- Quick identification of eSIMs over their rate plans by filtering on usage status
Manage large deployments
- Finding a device or group of devices of interest is easy using filters. These can be applied for single or multiple variables: filter on gateway type + firmware version.
- Labels add flexibility in identifying devices. They can be used for geographic regions, vehicle types, host device types, application groups, or any other identifier that you would like to apply and use as a search term in the future. Devices can have an unlimited number of labels.
Create device management operations
- Firmware and configuration templates can be easily applied from this page to a single device, a group of devices by using filters, or to the entire deployed fleet.
- Schedule periodic datasets on any device parameter and change the reporting interval to AirVantage
- Export historical data to any external system for reporting or further analysis
You can switch to see your systems and status on the map from the system grid, and toggle from one to another.
- In map view, you can still use the filters to drill down to a subset of your systems, the same way it can be done on grid view.
- By clicking on one specific system map marker icon, you will get details about this system and also direct link to launch a subset of operations on this system.
- The number of unlocated systems is reminded on the bottom of the map.
Drill down into the device view
Most recent activity from the device is available from the system details screen. This page provides access into the device communications history as well as device configuration, direct access to the device by clicking on the IP address (where available) and other functionalities.
View detailed usage for an eSIM – drill down into a specific gateway:
- From the grid, you can select one gateway to investigate further the daily usage consumption from this specific eSIM. This detailed view shows when usage was consumed during the month and correlates with the quantity of data sessions established during the month.
eSIM Lifecycle management
View your SIMs fleet and manage their lifecycle:
- Activate the service when needed; it takes few minutes to be provisioned on the network
- Suspend eSIMs to prevent bill shock or when not used temporarily
- Resume a suspended eSIM
- Terminate the subscription
All these provisioning operations can be performed on one or multiple Ready-to-Connect gateways with eSIMs.
The timeline page presents a chronological list view of the device communications history.
Data History Page
- Presents a graphical view of some parameters communicated by the device, aggregated over different time periods.
- You can customize it to show the information of most interest to you.
- A widget provides statistics about the cellular technology reported by the device over time: LTE, HSPA or 3G. It will help to identify working conditions of your device on the field.
Upgrade embedded software, radio module firmware and AAF applications for a group of devices.
- Monitor the progress and the status of the deployment. In case of failure, apply retry without redoing the setup.
- AirVantage provides a widget showing which embedded software versions are actually deployed on your gateways.
- Sierra Wireless team is proposing all new embedded software firmware packages on AirVantage so you can keep your fleet up to date with the latest features and security patches.
Manage all your alerts and notifications
AirVantage enables you to build custom alert rules. Staff will be notified whenever devices go offline, resulting in faster issue identification, less downtime, and fewer field trips. Monitor connectivity and avoid bill shock by setting up alerts when rate plan thresholds are reached.
Create custom rules
The following alerts can be setup to monitor usage and get alerted or take automated actions in case:
- a system is about to reach its alloted data usage or has just exceeded it using
System usage overage template
- the data usage consumption on an offer is about to reach the pool alloted data usage or has just exceeded it using
Pool usage overage template
- a system has reached a specific usage level that you can configure based on your needs with
Usage limit exceeded template
- usage consumption is detected in a specific list of countries that you can configure based on your needs, using template
Usage consumption from specified countries
- a system state changes
Each alert rule can be configured for one specific gateway or a subset of the fleet identified by a label or other factors. For each alert, you can specify one or several email recipients for people to receive the email notification when the alert is raised.
Receive or check for alerts notifications
Alerts are visible directly in the ALMS account for frequent users or by email notification for urgent response. You can view all the alerts of the company or access the alerts raised for a specific gateway by drilling down into the details.
- Alert rules can be configured for a single device or group of devices.
- All currently raised alerts can be checked in the dashboard for the fleet or for a specific gateway.
AirVantage provides a way for administrators to create new user accounts and define what they can see and do.
An administrator can:
- Define new access profiles and assign them to users.
- Promote another user to administration privileges.
- Opt-in for security options like user access restriction based on IP address or two-factor authentication.
APIs to integrate into your business processes
All features are available for integration through the AirVantage API. The API enables:
- Device management activities
- Activate, Suspend, Resume, Terminate eSIMs
- Get alert notifications through an HTTP call (Webhook)
- Find gateways using name, Serial Number, ICCID or other factors
- Get the details of the gateway and/or eSIM
- Get all usage records for an eSIM